Zyther Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help: a good choice of grease for analog sticks?

Go down

Help: a good choice of grease for analog sticks? Empty Help: a good choice of grease for analog sticks?

Post  Xyrogenic 2015-10-26, 1:41 pm

Alright I know that it may be entirely my own fault for jumping into something before I knew enough information to do the job right but I may have coated the potentiometer in my analog sticks with white lithium grease... although white lithium grease might do the job just fine it seems that it separates making the analog feel sticky (again may be my own fault for overusing this stuff) and I'm now starting to think that I definitely didnt want it in the top section of my analog sticks where it can get into the potentiometers...(because now they seem to have preferences for a certain number when not even being used) anyways I was thinking that maybe I could use a grease with a lower viscosity when I figure out how to apply it right (which I assume involves getting the grease in the lower portion of the analog stick where it's difficult to reach) anybody know a low viscosity plastic safe (maybe non-conductive??) grease that I could use for my next project? I should've waited much longer to do more research before jumping into this but I'm sure everybody can relate to the frustration of a constantly moving analog stick...(walking off of cliffs, missing your shot, cancelling running or other actions, many other things that can be messed up by character or sight movement)
Picture:

Edit: I'm thinking of using pure Silicone Oil (or silicone grease rated NLGI 0 or 00??...)
Xyrogenic
Xyrogenic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Help: a good choice of grease for analog sticks? Empty Re: Help: a good choice of grease for analog sticks?

Post  Xyrogenic 2015-11-15, 9:19 am

I took apart the analog stick, definitely got grease where I didn't want it. However I managed to learn where the grease needs to go! Just a drop of oil in the top(silicone oil?) should work perfectly. Unlike n64 controllers I don't think grease is going to prolong the life of these controllers for long, there's a small plastic disc on the bottom that will just flat out wear from use. I'll post many details soon.
Xyrogenic
Xyrogenic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum